PUMPKIN MUFFINS WITH HALLOWEEN MATCHA GREEN TEA ICING
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 250 g pumpkin puree tinned or fresh
- 125 g apple puree tip - use baby food!
- 125 g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g oats or oat flour
- 100 g protein powder vanilla or cinnamon flavour
- 50 g stevia commercial brand, use less if using a purer brand
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 150 g protein powder vanilla flavour
- 300 g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 8 tsp Matach green tea
- 8 tsp stevia less if using a purer brand
- 60 ml milk any kind
Halloween doesn't have to be a complete sugar-fest! Save your pumpkin flesh after carving and use some in these seasonal muffins. The rest can be used in pancakes, smoothies, protein porridge etc. It freezes well too.
Preheat oven to 180˚c. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
In a blender, (or food processor), blend the oats until they resemble coarse flour.
You can then mix all of the muffin ingredients together in a bowl, or just add them to the blender and blend again until smoother & combined.
Divide the mixture among muffins tins, and place into pre-heated oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden brown.*Note this batter is very moist, and a toothpick may not come out clean…Don’t worry it is baked through if the tops are golden brown!
Allow to cool completely before icing.
To make the icing, simply mix everything together really well until combined.